The time in North Cyprus is

Post Office Building

Nicosia, North Cyprus

The Post Office building, Nicosia, North Cyprus
The Post Office Building

Situated opposite the Law Courts, this building was purpose built by the British in 1925, on land that was formerly occupied by a Lusignan palace.

After the establishment of the republic of Cyprus in 1960, the post office was moved, and the building had several uses, including at one time that of a Radio station. By 1989, the building had fallen into disrepair, and only the ground floor was usable.

Restoration work began on the building in 1989, and was completed in at the end of 2003.




See location in Google maps.

Back to Nicosia Index.